The following is the senior nutrition program menu for the Six County area — Monroe, Richfield, Salina, Gunnison, Manti, Moroni, Scipio, Delta and Fillmore — for the upcoming week. Menu is subject to changes and substitutions.
Wednesday, Jan. 25 — Minestrone soup, saltine crackers, cheese stick, tropical fruit, ginger snap cookie and milk.
Thursday, Jan. 26 — Ham slice, macaroni and cheese, mandarin orange and pineapple sour cream salad, breadstick and milk.
Monday, Jan. 30 — Chicken enchilada, Mexican corn, Spanish rice, peach parfait, and milk.
Tuesday, Jan. 31 — Roast pork, mashed potatoes and gravy, broccoli, applesauce, roll with margarine and milk.
Cost for the meals is a suggested donation of $3 for seniors older than 60 years of age. Meals are also available to patrons younger than 60, at a cost of $6 per person.
For more information, contact the Richfield Senior Center at 890 North 300 West, (435) 896-6807; South Sevier, 152 West 100 South in Monroe, (435) 527-4061; or North Sevier, 373 West 400 North in Salina, (435) 529-3901.
SOUTH SEVIER SENIORS
• A breakfast fundraiser will be held every Friday morning from 8 to 10 a.m. The donation price is listed at the senior center. Breakfast includes biscuits with sausage gravy, eggs, hash browns and sausage patties, as well as coffee and hot chocolate.
• The South Sevier Senior Citizens play bingo every Thursday during lunch.
• Blood pressure, blood sugar and sometimes cholesterol screening each fourth Thursday of the month.
• Plans are in the works to get quilting going again downstairs. Interested parties can contact the center.
RICHFIELD SENIOR CENTER
The Sevier County Senior Bus is in need of a bus driver, both volunteer and part-time. Anyone interested should contact Georgette at (435) 896-6807.
Quilters needed every day of the week. Pool is played Monday thru Thursday.
• Monday — Chair Zomba – 10:30 to 11:30 a.m.
• Tuesday — 10:45 – noon is line dancing.
• Wednesday — 10:45 a.m. – noon is line dancing.
2nd Wednesday of each month is a themed party during lunch.
Blood pressure clinic, 11:20 till noon on Wednesday, Sept. 28.
Sept. 28, monthly birthday lunch and Doug Jensen singing and bereavement.
Chair Zomba – 4 to 5 p.m.
• Thursday — Bingo after lunch 12:45 to 1:30 p.m.
Chair Zomba – 10:30 to 11:30 a.m.
NORTH SEVIER SENIOR CENTER
• The center is looking for volunteers for the information booth. If interested, call Sharon Helms (435) 287-6211.
• Senior bus goes to Richfield for shopping and medical appointments every Thursday. Please call the center for a ride. (435) 529-3901
• A dance is held every second and fourth Friday at 7 p.m., at the North Sevier Community Center and is $3 per person.