The following is the senior nutrition program menu for the Six County area — Monroe, Richfield, Salina, Gunnison, Manti, Moroni, Scipio, Delta and Fillmore — for the upcoming week. Menu is subject to changes and substitutions.
Wednesday, Jan. 18 — Lasagna, corn, fruit cocktail, garlic bread and milk.
Thursday, Jan. 19 — Baked fish, rice pilaf, green beans, pineapple Jell-O salad, oatmeal raisin cookie and milk.
Monday, Jan. 23 — Beef stroganoff over noodles, green beans, pears with cottage cheese, homemade bread with margarine and milk.
Tuesday, Jan. 24 — Chicken and rice casserole, mixed vegetables, peach cobbler, wheat bread with margarine and milk.
Cost for the meals is a suggested donation of $3 for seniors older than 60 years of age. Meals are also available to patrons younger than 60, at a cost of $6 per person.
For more information, contact the Richfield Senior Center at 890 North 300 West, (435) 896-6807; South Sevier, 152 West 100 South in Monroe, (435) 527-4061; or North Sevier, 373 West 400 North in Salina, (435) 529-3901.
SOUTH SEVIER SENIORS
• The South Sevier Senior Citizens play bingo every Thursday during lunch.
• Blood pressure, blood sugar and sometimes cholesterol screening each fourth Thursday of the month.
• Plans are in the works to get quilting going again downstairs. Interested parties can contact the center.
RICHFIELD SENIOR CENTER
The Sevier County Senior Bus is in need of a bus driver, both volunteer and part-time. Anyone interested should contact Georgette at (435) 896-6807.
Quilters needed every day of the week. Pool is played Monday thru Thursday.
• Monday — Chair Zomba – 10:30 to 11:30 a.m.
• Tuesday — 10:45 – noon is line dancing.
• Wednesday — 10:45 a.m. – noon is line dancing.
2nd Wednesday of each month is a themed party during lunch.
Blood pressure clinic, 11:20 till noon on Wednesday, Sept. 28.
Sept. 28, monthly birthday lunch and Doug Jensen singing and bereavement.
Chair Zomba – 4 to 5 p.m.
• Thursday — Bingo after lunch 12:45 to 1:30 p.m.
Chair Zomba – 10:30 to 11:30 a.m.
NORTH SEVIER SENIOR CENTER
• The center is looking for volunteers for the information booth. If interested, call Sharon Helms (435) 287-6211.
• Senior bus goes to Richfield for shopping and medical appointments every Thursday. Please call the center for a ride. (435) 529-3901
• A dance is held every second and fourth Friday at 7 p.m., at the North Sevier Community Center and is $3 per person.
PIUTE SENIOR CITIZENS
The community dinner will be held Thursday, Jan. 19, at the Piute Special Events Center starting at 5:30 p.m. The menu includes chili, corn bread muffins w/honey butter, potato salad and fruit cobbler w/ice cream for dessert. Everyone is welcome, come and enjoy a wonderful evening with friends and family. The cost is $7 and includes one Bingo card. You should have RSVP’s. If you need transportation to the dinner, please inform us when you RSVP.
The Piute Public Transit bus will be traveling to St. George Jan. 26 for medical and shopping. If you are interested in either of these trips, please contact the numbers below.
Contact numbers for dinner and trips are Senior Center at (435) 577-2183, Ruth Privett at (801)6610244 or Beverly Hoover at (435)326-2083. If no one is available to take your call, leave a message and we will get right back with you.