Margie Staheli

Margie Staheli

Our beloved mother, grandmother, great grandmother, sister and friend, Margie May Allan Staheli, slipped peacefully away July 30, 2019. Margie was born in Salem to Jesse Glenwood and Ruby Dean Allan July 29, 1931. She married Clarence B. Staheli June 15, 1949, in the Manti temple. Margie held many positions in The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints including relief society president, young women president and primary president. She always served whenever asked. She loved the Lord and some of her last words addressed that love. Margie loved her husband and family and was always busy taking care of them and tending to their needs.

She worked side by side with her husband when they lived on the farm in central Utah and she also worked in food services for 25 year where the last 10 years she was the school lunch supervisor in Burley. When she retired, she served as a tour guide at the Boise temple every Saturday for three summers and served an LDS mission in the Philippines Naga Mission. 

Those who are there to meet her are her grandparents; father and mother; sister, DeEsta Allan; brother, Earl Dean Allan; son, Allan Steheli; and son-in-law, Clifford Thompson. We are sure that it is a great reunion. 

Those left to continue her legacy are six children, Kathleen Staheli (Bill) Weeks, Kent Lee (Judy) Staheli, Dee Ann Staheli (Robert) Hunt, Clarice Staheli Johnson, Judith Lynn Staheli (Brent) Gardner; and Patricia Marie Staheli (Scott) Barksdale; brothers, Glen Allan, and Douglas Allan. She also has 24 grandchildren and 58 great grandchildren. 

Funeral services were held Saturday, Aug. 3, at the Burley LDS 7th ward building. Burial took place in the Gem Memorial Gardens immediately following the funeral service. 

 In lieu of flowers the family would ask that you donate to the general missionary fund of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. The family would like to offer their sincere thanks to the staff at Parke View Assisted Living Center and the staff at Cassia Regional Medical Center. 

Service arrangements were under the direction of Morrison Payne Funeral Home, Burley.