In order to comply with Gov. Gary Herbert and the CDC efforts in taking precautionary measures to help slow the spread of COVID-19, Sevier County will be taking the following steps in order to keep our employees and citizens safe.

Sevier County offices will remain open, but with limited access as outlined below.

For your safety and our employees’ safety, please remember that we can provide services by phone or by mail. We would like to encourage residents to use online services or to call our offices whenever possible. Many of our services can be accessed at

The following implementations to specific departments will take effect today until further notice:

Animal Control — Before visiting the building, please call (435) 896-6471.

Assessor’s Office — Limited public access to the office with doors now closed. Mail personal property payments or slip them under the door. Personal property taxes can be paid online at

For assistance by phone, by email, fax, or appointment —

Amy Garren-Clark — all questions; (435) 893-0434 or

Matt Dyreng — appraisal; (435) 893-0430 or

Genette Williams — greenbelt and appraisal; (435) 893-0432 or

Jody Romero — personal property and residential; (435) 893-0430 or

Attorney’s Office — The office is open, but the window will remain shut to protect the health and safety of employees. The office is still available to address questions or concerns from attorneys, defendants, and the public and can be contacted by calling (435) 896-2675 or through email

Personal appointments with one of our attorneys will be very limited and will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis. The office will also follow recent orders issued by the Supreme Court of Utah and the Utah Judicial Council.

Building Inspections / Planning & Zoning — Inspections will need to be scheduled by phone or email (435) 893-0420 or Building plans can be dropped-off at the front door — include phone numbers and emails. Any communication with contractors and the public will be done by email and phone. Any planning and/or zoning issues should be submitted by email to

Children’s Justice Center — Public access to the CJC is open by appointment only, (435) 896-5343.

Clerk / Auditor’s Office — The Clerk/Auditor Office is open. In keeping with the recommendations of the CDC, we are limiting public access to our office and not allowing more than two customers at a time. Call ahead at (435) 893-0401 to inquire about available services or make an appointment.

Useful information — Marriage license or passports will be accepted in the office with a request that applications be downloaded from our website and completed prior to coming to the clerk/auditor’s office. Current voter registration may be looked up or updated at Candidate information is also available at that site.

Tax sale information is available on our website and will be updated as needed.

Tax abatement (circuit breaker) applications are not available currently. Applications will be mailed towards the end of April.

Division of Motor Vehicle Registrations — Use precaution when visiting in person. License plate renewals are encouraged to be made by mail or online using the following addresses:

Economic Development — The office will remain open for appointments only. Contact by phone at (435) 893-0454 or email at

Fairgrounds — The facility is closed to gatherings of more than 10 people until further notice. The facility manager can be reached at (435) 979-9142. Reservations can be scheduled online at

Forestry, Fire and State Lands — This office is available by phone only at (435) 201-9722.

Human Resources — The office is available by phone at (435) 893-0409 or (435) 893-0459. Job applications can be submitted at

Justice Court — Use precaution if making payments in person. If possible, make payments online at Check the court calendar daily to see if changes have been made and do not come to a hearing if not on the calendar. Court calendars have been recently updated and have been limited for the next 30 days. For more information, call (435) 893-0461 or log onto

Landfill — The landfill remains open, but the office will be closed to the public. If you need assistance, ring the bell and an employee will come outside to communicate with you. The office’s phone number is (435) 979-8655.

Mosquito and Weed Abatement — These offices are available by phone only at (435) 896-6636.

Recorder’s Office — Limited public access. Schedule an appointment in advance, if possible. Walk-ins will be handled on a limited basis. Call (435) 893-0410 for an appointment or log onto for basic records.

Road & GIS Department — The office is available by phone at (435) 896-4831, FAX at (435) 893-8575, or email at Appointments may be requested.

Sheriff’s Office — The office can be reached at (435) 896-2600 for non-emergencies.

Tourism & Events — Contact Chad McWilliams at (435) 893-0457 or mobile at (435) 421-2743, or via email at Appointments may be made by phone.

Treasurer’s Office — Doors are closed to the public. Mail your payments or slip them under the door, or make them online, or call (435) 893-0440 for personal assistance. Documents can be sent via FAX at (435) 893-0443. You can email us at or

USU Extension — The office is available by phone at (435) 893-0470. Kim Chapman may be reached at (435) 893-0474.

(0) comments

Welcome to the discussion.

Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.