The Republican caucus meetings that were originally planned for Tuesday, March 24, have been postponed.
The Sevier County Republican county convention planned for April 1, has been postponed as has the party’s state convention, which was set for April 25.
As county party officers we have been meeting with state and county leaders to create a plan within the state and county bylaws and within state and federal election laws. For now the plan is as follows —
• The party will use the delegates elected in 2018 for both state and county office elections.
• Delegates who are no longer eligible, due to relocation or who have passed away, will be replaced by alternates when available or selected by the precinct chair when no alternate is available.
• Individuals unable to provide an email address, a cell phone number and a mailing address are not eligible to hold the position of delegate for either state or county.
• In the event there is a locally contested election we will set up a location for ballot drop-off with more info to follow if needed.
• The Utah Republican Party state convention will be held virtually. Only office elections will be held, no changing of bylaws.
For more information contact Rick Robinson at (435) 201-0707 or Rick Pruitt at (435) 201-9957.